Saturday 4 May 2013

The countdown begins


Well, here's my race number. It'll be pinned on to my top tomorrow. If you see me say hi!

I'm disappointed at becoming so ill lately that training has had to take a back seat. I'm not even sure how good I'll feel tomorrow but I am determined to turn up and try to get round at the least.

My stomach problems seem to be getting worse and worse and I've been experiencing a lot of pain and discomfort. I'm also very tired a lot of the time. I'm getting further tests done to see what it may be so finding an answer will be good but for now, I've just got to try to carry on the best I can. And "run" 10k!

The last run I did was a week ago and it was probably the best run I've done ever. I ran a full 4k without stopping at about 11kph. What an achievement. I felt pretty good and didn't feel too knackered after. If I can just get into that pace and mindset of "do not stop" I'll be ok. I just really hope my stomach is playing nicely and I can stand up straight (it really has been that bad lately.).

I have to give MASSIVE PROPS to my wonderful partner Rob who set a brilliant pace for me and is going to run with me tomorrow to look after me. He's been training alongside me and is making brilliant progress. We've both signed up for Westonbirt 10K in June and he'll run his own race there and do a great time, no doubt.

I'm just thinking about tomorrow so I've eaten a good dinner and now I'm just sorting out how we'll get there, how on earth you tie your timing chip to your trainers and then it's an early night for an early start.

I'll be back tomorrow or Monday to report back. Have great weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment