Monday 28 January 2013

Clawing my way back

I have finally got off my butt and done some exercise!

The sore knee, then the snow scuppered me for a week or so. Of course, I *should* have been doing pilates or other conditioning at home. Instead, I sat at home and ate Oreos. I do like a nice biscuit but they don't help much with improving ones fitness and preparing to clock up the miles on the road.

I have found in the past that when I stop exercising, it's really hard to get back to it as it's like, "well, I've slipped this much, may as well fall right off any type of exercise wagon and lie by the side of the road eating Oreos."

That's not an option this time around so I'm really glad I've managed to restart and regain some enthusiasm. Today I walked home from work - an hour's trudge uphill. I was definitely "warmer" once I got in. Then I did an hour of a Yogalates DVD to help with my knee problems.

While I walked home, I thought about my health, and the problems I've had over the last year. This time last year, the idea of walking for an hour was just out of this world. Then, other problems cropped up which made it even more unlikely. I couldn't have imagined at points that I would be training to run a 10K! So I have to make the most of it. Work out when I can, and make the best use of my time, and try not to give myself too much of a hard time when I don't manage it, just make sure I do get back to it. We're going to try to run tomorrow morning, I'll report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment