Tuesday 29 January 2013

I ran!

I'm not going to update everytime I run but this is a pretty big deal as it's been so long without a run plus my knee pain.

I ran this morning. Got up at 7am (early for me!) and got ready and out we went into the rain. My knee twinged a bit on the warm-up walk but it was fine on the runs. I made an effort to run up hills - it was a bloody effort - which I think helps. I'm going to really focus on ensuring that my strength and stretching work is consistent which can only help.

After I was ill, possibly due to being stationary on a sofa for so long, my left hip just stopped working. I woke up one morning unable to turn over in bed because of the pain. I couldn't stand up or walk. It was really strange. My hip had been hurting for a while but I just put it down to not moving for so long. I went to the doctor who said there wasn't anything obvious but the muscles in that leg were really tight. Every now and again it hurts a bit and it's aching now. All the more reason to keep moving and keep stretching.


Our feet at the end of the run, as dawn was breaking at 7:45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment