Friday 18 January 2013

Disappointing week

It's not been the best week, running wise.

I went out last Saturday and felt pretty good. On Sunday I put on a pair of old flat boots which seemed to knacker my knees as soon as I took a step. I have flat feet and have to be careful about my footwear as it does affect my knees and hips. Since then, my knees have been feeling quite sore, particularly on Wednesday after my morning run on Tuesday.

Most mornings I've been waking up feeling quite fluey - coughing, sore throat and aching body - not a great week at all.

I've not run, nor done any other exercise since my Tuesday run. I've tried to rest and my knees are feeling a lot better. Not 100% but I'm not feeling like I'm going to fall over when I stand up! It has taught me a lesson though. I was trying to cross-train by doing DVDs (more of which another time) but I thought I could get away without it. Not so! I really must woman-up and get on with some squats and lunges to keep my quads and glutes strong. I'm also hoping to get a gait analysis done to make sure my running trainers are supporting me as with my flat feet and over-pronation, it's always going to be tricky to stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment