Sunday 3 March 2013

The Blue Envelope Campaign

I thought I'd do a little blog about the Miscarriage Association. I have a link to their website on my sidebar that way --->.

They launched a new awareness campaign on Monday called the The Blue Envelope Campaign. They've put up some posters and left letters in blue envelopes around...I'm not sure where, to be honest, maybe if you find one you'll let me know what it says?

While the NHS is wonderful in many ways, in my experience, with a rarer condition there isn't a whole lot of information about what it means and what will happen. The information on the Miscarriage Association was fantastic. I printed out numerous copies of their molar pregnancy leaflet to give to family and my GP (who had never heard of it!). They also have leaflets on other types of pregnancy loss such as ectopic pregnancy and blighted ovum, "men & miscarriage" and one for family and friends. They even have leaflets in other languages. There is a huge support forum too and you can call for support and information.

All this of this, and it's all run by a charity. Fantastic, no?

Miscarriage and pregnancy loss aren't always easy things to talk about and everyone responds differently to the experience. For me, some people were wonderfully supportive and understanding, others just didn't, and still don't, seem to get how it affected me and continues to do so.

So, please do take a look at their site and have a read of a blue envelope if you find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment